Wednesday, December 31, 2008

#3 He loves and respects me more than anyone I have ever known.

What began as a curious (although very personal) question to one of my coworkers this evening somehow turned into a long discussion about families, relationships, and love. I magically became an articulate, experienced, "wisdom-ous"* version of my crazy, stressed, wedding-planning self.

Although the conversation revolved around children and marriage, and being married with or without children, I began answering a series of questions related to our relationship, my past experiences, our first date, and how I can know he is really "The One". (Even though the term reminds me too much of The Matrix to use with a straight mind.)

I described our friendship, our first date, a few subsequent encounters, and our engagement. I told how he is so much of what I have always wanted in my best friend and husband that now I can't imagine there being a single person in the entire world that I could ever like and adore nearly so much. I also come to realize more each day how much this man truly respects and cares for me in a way that I can hardly describe. I know that my well-being and happiness is always his first priority, every day. And even though I love a strong man that can stand his ground and be a true leader, I feel so completely lucky to have found a man that not only fills those shoes, but can also be sweet and sacrificing every single day.

And THAT, my friends, is why I am marrying him.


*Joey Tribiani, Friends, Season 10, Episode 12

No comments:

Post a Comment